• Jimmy Allen Austgen, of Des Moines, made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge and new charges of theft-third degree, forgery, identity theft, credit card theft and four counts of burglary-third degree. Tyler Heeren was appointed as counsel for the parole violation. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Parole Board and an Administrative Court judge. Austgen is being held without bond. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel for the new charges. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Oct. 19. The bond on the new charges is $5,000 cash only.
• Luis Javier Mendoza Soto made an initial appearance on a willful injury-causing serious injury charge, a domestic abuse assault charge, a leaving the scene of an accident charge, a failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Oct. 19. Bond is set at $10,000 cash or surety. If he owns or possesses any firearms, Mendoza Soto is to contact the local authorities and make arrangements to surrender them. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Annissa Robinson made an initial appearance on a warrant charging her with failure to appear for a contempt hearing on a non-payment case. Tyler Heeren will continue as counsel. The contempt hearing is rescheduled at 9 a.m. on Oct. 18 in District Court. Bond is set at $400 cash only.
• Donna M. Steddom Revocable Trust, Donna M Steddom, Trustee to Brandon D. Thorn, 815 Roberts Terrace
• Chad E. Pinkston to Kinzee N. and Matthew J. Mashek, 9 S. Eighth St.
• John Paul and Patricia A. Helfer to Jesus and Maria Gomez, 108 W. State St.
• Lee Ann Krough to Eric M. and Heidi D. Burggraaf, 116 N. Elm St., Gilman
• Alan and Mary A. Dooley to Wade A. Dooley, 2162 Stanley Mill Road
• Daleen Brink Michel to Weatherly Properties LLC, 702 E. Main St.
• Scot Ray Bauder vs. Frankie Leigh Bauder
• Tony E. Winters vs. April L. Winters
• Shari L. Smith vs. David B. Smith
• Tanicia Dianne Mercer vs. Alex Paul Mercer
• Christopher Allen Greenwood vs. Megan Marie Greenwood
• Duane Kehoe vs. Jillissa Kehoe
• Brenda Avalos vs. Jorge Mario Yanez Flores
• Athena Craig vs. Daniel Craig
• Cahyaningtyas Hardini vs. Michael Ambrose
• John Kern vs. Ashlynn Kern
• Dorothy Mehlow vs. Russell Mehlow
• Maria Madriz vs. Jose Villa
• Wendy Raelle Creekmur vs. Mark Dana Creekmur
• Wendi Sue Gallimore vs. Jon Reed Gallimore
• Kimberly Ann Steen vs. Christopher Elvin Steen
• Alissa Christine Prusha vs. Cody Dillion Prusha
• Timothy D. Snider vs. Connie E. Snider
• Jolene Elizabeth Betts vs. Chad Anthony Betts
• Edmund Long to Valarie White
• April Schuler to Michael Cooling
• Soe Reh to Sae Meh
• Katelyn Schuler to Aaron Betts
• Janell Goode to Steven Tiller
• Jenna Ruark to Zachary Veren
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, Tricia Cartee, 47, was arrested for theft-third degree-enhanced.
• On Wednesday, Jennifer Santiago Estrada, 36, was arrested for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Wednesday, Annissa Robinson, 41, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Luis Javier Mendoza Soto, 24, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-first offense and willful injury-causing serious injury.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Jimmy Allen Austgen 49, four counts of burglary-third degree, violation of parole, unauthorized use of a credit card, theft-third degree, identity theft, forgery and two warrants.